- It is imperative that JHU computer users keep their systems secure when on any JHU network. The same can be said for those non-JHU computers that interact with JHU, for example personal computers that connect to JHU, perhaps either directly for email service or through the VPN for file sharing.
- Windows systems today generally have Windows Defender built-in. Macs generally need anti-malware software installed for protection.
- JHU provides software to protect against viruses/malware for both Windows and Macs.
- Please see JHU IT's page on Endpoint Protection for more information and for downloads for those computers that are JHU-owned or JHU student-owned.
- Linux users: Consider protection software for your Linux system, for example, Clam AV.
- Mobile phone users, you are not immune to malware either. Please search the web for appropriate protection software for your device.