CS Provides Backup And Restore Services
Nightly Backups & File Restoration
- The CS IT Support Group performs nightly tape- and disk- based backups of data on:
- The /users filesystem (Grad/Research Net)
- The /home filesystem (Ugrad Net)
- We are able to restore many files for users as needed.
Self-Service File Recovery For Grad/Research Net and Ugrad Net Users
- In addition to our tape & disk-based backups, we also perform special automatic online backups of the
/usersfilesystem on the Grad/Research Net and on the
/homefilesystem on the Ugrad Net that allows Self-Service File Recovery in many cases, so you don't need to wait for us to do certain file restores.
Restoring CS Email Inboxes
- Email folders are typically kept in the user's home directory, so they are treated just like any other folders to be restored. Email inboxes, however, are different, as they reside in a different location on our server.
- In certain instances, we can restore CS e-mail inboxes that reside on our CS email servers back into the systems' /var/mail directories or into your home directory, as long as the inbox was backed up the evening before by our systems. Please email email@example.com with details on what you need restored to your inbox. We typically do not restore individual message, but rather, whole inboxes.)
NOTE: We only handle file restore requests during the regular M-F 8:30 to 5pm work day.
Pages in category "Backups"
The following 4 pages are in this category, out of 4 total.