Connecting to the CS Ugrad Net
(Redirected from Connecting To The CS Ugrad Net Using DHCP)
Since CS does not maintain wireless connections, if you will not be connecting to JHU's hopkins wireless system, then, you will need to use a CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable for your network connection to connect to the CS Undergrad Net.
DHCP service with dynamic IP addresses on the CS Ugrad Net is available from:
- the table-mounted and wall-based network ports within the Malone 122 Undergraduate computer lab
- The wallports on the Undergraduate Computer lab side of MH G61.
NOTE: Static IP addresses are not available on the CS Ugrad Net.
Obtaining a DHCP IP Address on the CS Undergrad Net
- Set your computer to use DHCP.
- Plug your computer into a tabletop or wall-based network jack in MH 122 or a wall-based jack in the Ugrad side of MH G61.
- Depending on your operating system, you may have to reboot your computer at this point.
- You should now have a dynamically-assigned IP address on the CS Underground Net.
- NOTE: Sometime in the future, we will be using a different method for providing a dynamically-assigned IP, but for now, the procedure above works.