Connecting to the CS Ugrad Net

Since CS does not maintain wireless connections, if you will not be connecting to JHU's hopkins wireless system, then, you will need to use a CAT-5 or CAT-6 cable for your network connection to connect to the CS Undergrad Net.

DHCP service with dynamic IP addresses on the CS Ugrad Net is available from:

  • the table-mounted and wall-based network ports within the Malone 122 Undergraduate computer lab
  • The wallports on the Undergraduate Computer lab side of MH G61.

NOTE: Static IP addresses are not available on the CS Ugrad Net.

Obtaining a DHCP IP Address on the CS Undergrad Net

  1. Set your computer to use DHCP.
  2. Plug your computer into a tabletop or wall-based network jack in MH 122 or a wall-based jack in the Ugrad side of MH G61.
  3. Depending on your operating system, you may have to reboot your computer at this point.
  4. You should now have a dynamically-assigned IP address on the CS Underground Net.
NOTE: Sometime in the future, we will be using a different method for providing a dynamically-assigned IP, but for now, the procedure above works.