Requesting Software Installation On A CS Lab Linux Computer
If you need a software package installed onto one of our CS Linux clients for your coursework, follow these steps:
- Check the computer to make sure that the software isn't already installed. It's surprising how many people don't do this first.
- If the software is not on the computer, please fill out the Software Request Form (also available from our Forms page.)
- You must fill in the form completely and click Submit.
We will let you know if the request was approved and when the software is installed.
- Not all software is approved for installation.
- Please do not try to install software on our machines. In some rare cases, if you need certain software available that our group doesn't maintain, we will discuss alternatives with you. Contact CS IT Support in those cases.
- Please provide several business days notice for software to be installed.