AirMedia For Presenting To Display Or Projector
AirMedia is a system that allows users to wirelessly cast their laptop/phone/tablet screens to a conference room's displays. AirMedia is now built into some of our A/V conference rooms. Currently supported rooms include:
- MH-122 (CS Undergrad Lab.)
Let's say you're in a meeting in MH-107 with your laptop. MH-107 has two side-by-side large TV monitor screens. You have a slide presentation that you want displayed on the screens. Simply activate AirMedia on laptop and you can cast to those screens.
Configuring & Running AirMedia in a Supported CS Conference/Meeting Room or the MH-122 Ugrad Lab
Please follow these steps to connect your laptop to the display screens in AirMedia-supported rooms:
- Turn on the TVs/projector using the Crestron touch panel. (MH-228 has a wall panel with Projector On and Off buttons instead.)
- On the Crestron's touch panel, choose AirMedia source. (Since MH-228 doesn't use a Crestron, screen should default to Air Media.)
- The TV/projector will display some information on the bottom left corner.
Present Using Wireless Visit:http://<some IP address> Code:<4 digit code>
- On your laptop, in a web browser, enter the URL that is provided to you by the TV/projector.
- Your browser will display a Download AirMedia Utility window.
- Choose Client for Mac or Client for Windows, as appropriate.
- Save and run the downloaded program.
- A Crestron AirMedia interface will appear on your screen. (If you don't see it, it might be hidden behind existing windows.)
- A second window, Enter the code for <IP address displayed on the TV/Projector> will appear.
- In the "Enter the code" window, enter the 4-digit code found at the bottom left of the TV/Projector (same Code mentioned earlier) and click OK.
- AirMedia will display your laptop's display on the TV/projector.
- This includes sound, so make sure your laptop's audio is not too loud when connecting to AirMedia.
- You can use the Crestron AirMedia interface on your laptop to control your connection.
Shutting Down Your AirMedia Connection
Once your presentation is completed...
- Stop the connection using the Crestron AirMedia interface on your laptop.
- At the Crestron tablet display at the front of the room, click Exit to begin shutting down the TV/Projector system. (In MH-228 press the Off button on the Projector wall plate.)
- Only one device can be shared to the TVs/projector at a time.
- A brief version of the above directions can be found in the rooms supporting AirMedia.