- When you receive a CS Linux account, you're also receiving an email address in the form of email@example.com
- You might choose to forward any email you receive at this CS address to some other preferred address. To do this, please follow the steps below.
Setting Up Forwarding For Your CS Address
- In the top level of your home directory, create a .forward file (don't forget the . ) using an editor.
- Put your preferred email account address as the only line in the .forward file.
- Run the following command:
- chmod 644 .forward
- (Again, don't forget the . in .forward )
- Now, incoming mail to your CS address should be forwarded to your preferred address.
When Your CS Account Is Removed...
- IMPORTANT! When your affiliation with the CS department is complete and your CS account is removed (See: CS Account Removal), any email forwarding that you have configured will be removed.
- CS will no longer be fowarding emails for those no longer currently affiliated with the CS department.