CS IT STAFF AVAILABILITY
- Beginning Fall semester, 2021,...
- The CS IT Support staff will be back in Malone Hall. Our group will be working a hybrid schedule with some of us working remotely on certain days, while others of our team will be on campus.
- We will continue being available M-F, 8:30 to 5pm, but there may be certain times we might be online only.
- Therefore, please remember to email email@example.com for assistance.
- Also, please have Zoom available on your device(s), so that we can arrange to contact you using that method, as an alternative to in-person communication.
- For the time being, Steve DeBlasio, our accounts liaison, is providing a virtual version of his daily office hours for accounts, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
UNPLANNED CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
Issue with Grad Net Self-Service File Recovery
- WHEN: Started around October 30, 2020
- WHAT: Intermittent errors while using self-service recovery
/users/backupdirectory used for Self-Service File Recovery on the CS Grad Net Linux clients may be sporadically unavailable, due to a software bug. Although you may still attempt the self-service recovery, until further notice, if you need a file restored and are having issues accessing the
/users/backupsdirectory, please request restoration from our offline backups.
We are working on getting a fix for it, but it might be some time before that fix is available.
NOTE: Self-Service File Recovery continues to be available on the CS Ugrad Net.
PLANNED CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
- None at this time.
CS COMPUTING LAB AVAILABILITY
UPDATE - July 19, 2021 - The CS Computing Labs are once again available for in-person access...
- MH-122 (CS Undergrad Lab/Collaboration room): Is now available for in-person access.
- All CS Linux systems in that room (ugrad1 through ugrad12) are available for use in-person or remotely, via ssh. Masks are required for entry.
- G-61 (CS Masters/Ugrad Labs): Is now available for in-person access.
- The Linux systems in this lab area (masters1 through masters16 and ugrad13 through ugrad24) are available for use in-person or remotely, via ssh. Masks are required for entry.
Please see our Labs page for further information.
AUDIO/VISUAL (A/V) OUTAGES
- None at this time.