UNPLANNED CS SERVICE OUTAGES
- None at this time.
PLANNED CS SERVICE OUTAGES
- Major CS Grad/Research Net (and some Ugrad) IT services outage, as we relocate one of our servers.
- Wednesday, June 25, from 7am to approx 9am.
- Our CS Grad/Research Net home directory file server-related system, rtfm.cs.jhu.edu, will be shut down so that it can be moved to a new rack location in the server room. (In order to shut down that server, we must also shut down another server, blaze.cs.jhu.edu, which provides several services, including mail.) The server relocation will start on Tuesday, June 25 at 7am and should be completed by 9am.
- While the server is down, several of our CS services will be unavailable. If there are any unexpected complications during the relocation process that will delay the restoration of services, we will update this CS IT Support Wiki's Notices page.
- CS Mail service, both incoming and outgoing, will be suspended for CS Grad/Research Net users.
- Incoming mail should be queued by the sender until our mail service is back up again. Outgoing mail will not be available.
- IMAP, POP, and Webmail from our CS (Grad/Research Net) Mail server will be unavailable.
- Some CS webpages, including user (and possibly lab and other CS pages), will be unavailable.
- Grad/Research Net user accounts/home directories will be inaccessible during the downtime.
- SMB File Shares (CS Office Staff uses these) will be unavailable.
- ssh service to our CS Grad/Research Net Linux boxes (masters1 through masters16, gradx, and gradz) will be unavailable.
- Console (desktop) access to masters1 through masters16 will be unavailable.
- MySQL service via the mysql.cs.jhu.edu server will be unavailable.
- Note to Ugrad Net users: During the rtfm.cs.jhu.edu and blaze.cs.jhu.edu updates, email directed to your ugrad acct @cs.jhu.edu will not be immediately delivered. Other Ugrad Net services should remain available.
CS COMPUTING LAB AVAILABILITY
- All CS computing labs available at this time.
AUDIO/VISUAL (A/V) OUTAGES
- WHAT: MH 122: ugrad1 cannot display anything on the projector
- WHEN: Since February 2019
- DETAILS: Communication between ugrad1 and the projector does not currently work. The A/V in the lab is managed by JHU's A/V group, Kit-cats. They have notified the manufacturer of the A/V connection equipment of the problem, and they are waiting on a fix from the manufacturer. You can still connect a laptop to the projector using the instructions available at the table.