CS IT STAFF AVAILABILITY
- The CS IT Support staff is back in Malone Hall. Our group is working a hybrid schedule with some of us working remotely on certain days, while others of our team are on campus.
- We continue being available M-F, 8:30 to 5pm, but there may be certain times we might be online only.
- Therefore, please remember to email email@example.com for assistance.
- Also, please have Zoom available on your device(s), so that we can arrange to contact you using that method, as an alternative to in-person communication.
- For the time being, Steve DeBlasio, our accounts liaison, is providing a virtual version of his daily office hours for accounts, etc. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
JHU IT SERVICE OUTAGES AFFECTING CS IT SERVICES
PLANNED JHU SERVICE OUTAGES
JHU OUTAGE AFFECTING CS:
- WHAT: Planned network outage affecting Malone Hall
- WHEN: Thursday, February 2, from 3am through 6am.
- DETAILS: JHU Networking will be upgrading the access layer switches for Malone Hall. Although the G-29 server room and the G-61 Masters/Ugrad lab will be unaffected, the rest of Malone Hall will lose network connectivity. This includes wired and wireless users in the building. It is possible that you might have to restart your network-based device after the upgrade. Although the network outage is schedule for 3 hours to upgrade the several JHU Networking switches in the building, each switch may take 20 minutes or so to fully come back online. So, the outage length may be dependant on which wallport you're connected to (and ultimately, which JHU Networking switch that is connected to.)
- And note, the CS Ugrad lab, MH-122 will also be part of the Network outage, even though G-61 will not.
- During the time of the outage, you will may lose connectivity to most or all of the CS IT services (since your system will not have the network connectivity to be able to connect to our services.
CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
UNPLANNED CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
- None at this time
PLANNED CS IT SERVICE OUTAGES
- None at this time.
CS COMPUTING LAB AVAILABILITY
- MH-122 (CS Undergrad Lab/Collaboration room): Is available for in-person access.
- All CS Linux systems from that room (ugrad1 through ugrad12) are available for use in-person or remotely, via ssh.
- As of August, 2022, masks are now optional in the lab
- Malone G-61 Masters Lab Closure
- WHAT: Malone Hall G-61, the Masters side only, will be closed to CS Masters students due to a local ACM Programming Contest.
- WHEN: Saturday, February 4, from 1:30pm to 7pm.
- The G-61 Masters side of the lab will be used for an ACM Programming Contest and will therefore be closed for non-contest use during the 1:30 to 7pm time period on Feb. 4. The Ugrad side will be unaffected, and Ugrad students may enter through the Master's side of the lab to get to the Undergrad side of the lab.
- During the Masters lab closure times, the Masters computers in G-61 will continue to be available remotely, via SSH.
- Please see our Labs page for further information about our labs.
AUDIO/VISUAL (A/V) OUTAGES
- None at this time.