Audio-Visual Support Options
As of April, 2023, Audio Visual support options for Malone Hall has changed. We are generally no longer using Kit-Cats for A/V support as we had for many years (except, perhaps, in certain circumstances). Instead, WSE now has their own A/V support team, the Center for Learning Design & Technology group, and that's who we will utilize for A/V support.
CS also maintains projectors in the CS Ugrad Lab (MH 122) and the MSSI Lab (MH 316.) See below for A/V support contact info for those two rooms as well. In addition, Hackerman B-17 has been used by CS in the past for seminars and classes. Should CS continue to use that room, and you need A/V support, that info is below too.
- NOTE: CS IT does not administer or repair general A/V equipment or services within Malone Hall or for Hackerman B-17's lecture hall, other than the CS Undergrad Computing Lab, Malone Hall 122. Please see below for A/V support options.
General Malone Hall A/V Support
This includes most Malone offices and seminar/conference rooms.
- Provide them as much info as possible including:
- the room number where the A/V issue is happening
- any details you may have about the A/V equipment (brand, model, etc.)
- a detailed explanation of the issue the A/V equipment is experiencing
- your contact info
CS Undergrad Lab MH 122 And Its Breakout Rooms Projectors
MH-122 hosts an overhead projector. That projector has a control box on the rear left table in the main room, and the projector can be selected to connect to one of our Linux systems at that table (ugrad1) or to your own laptop. MH-122 also has 3 short-throw projectors located in MH-122's breakout rooms.
Issues with projector connections to our lab Linux system (ugrad1) in MH-122
If you're having issues with the overhead projector's connection to our Linux computer, ugrad1, then please email email@example.com, and we will look into the issue. Please include as many details as you can regarding the problem you're experiencing with the projectors.
Issues with connecting your own equipment to the MH-122 projectors
If the issue is your own connection to any of the projectors in MH-122 (the overhead or short-throw projectors), then please contact CLDT using the information below...
MSSI Lab Projector In MH 316/MH 322 Lab
- For any issues with the Epson BrightLink 485Wi projector in the MSSI Lab, MH-316/MH-322...
- During regular hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and ISI's IT support will look into the issue. Please include as many details as you can regarding the problem you're experiencing with the projector.
If it's after hours or on a weekend...
- If it's after hours or on a weekend, please first try to contact CLDT at the address below, and email email@example.com to let them know you contacted CLDT.
- Provide them as much info as you can about the issue you are experiencing, including your name, a way to reach you, the location of the projector (there are actually two projectors in that room. One closest to the MH-316 door and one near the MH-322 door), and the model of the projector: Epson BrightLink 485Wi.
Hackerman Hall B-17's A/V Equipment
CS utilizes this lecture hall for seminars and classes. If there are problems with the A/V equipment, please contact:
And if CLDT cannot assist with the A/V
If, for some reason, CLDT cannot assist with the A/V, we are providing contact info for our old A/V support team from JHU, Kit-cats, just in case. Kit-cats mostly provides A/V support for the Krieger School of Arts & Sciences (KSAS), and they might require a charge/cost number.