Obtaining CS MySQL Accounts
- Beginning March 18, 2020, and until further notice, the CS IT Support Staff will not be available in-person to process MySQL account forms. Changes are incorporated below.
This is for access to the department's general use MySQL server, mysql.cs.jhu.edu
- NOTE: If you are a student of the CS-offered Database class, you will need to get a different MySQL account for the course database server (called dbase.cs.jhu.edu) from your TA.
For MySQL-based access to our MySQL server, mysql.cs.jhu.edu, please fill out a MySQL Account Form which can be downloaded from the CS forms webpage
- Please scan the completed form into a pdf. Then, e-mail it to email@example.com
- NOTE: If you don't have a scanner, you can always use an app like camscanner on Android and iPhone or Notes app on iPhone.
- Because we are not currently working in Malone Hall, snail mailing the form to the CS Department is not a good option. Scanning and emailing it, as mentioned above, is currently your best option.
Please allow 2-3 business days for your MySQL form to be processed. Steve DeBlasio will then email you when your MySQL database is ready.
- BE AWARE: If you are expecting e-mail from the CS IT Support team, and if you use Gmail, make sure you check your Gmail Junk folder. Gmail likes to file some e-mails from CS into Gmail Junk folders.