The CS Department hosts both Linux login and MySQL services for all CS-affiliated users. We also host SAMBA/SMB File Sharing services for CS faculty/staff/instructors/postdocs. Additionally, we have two Windows systems in the Ugrad Lab portion of G-61 available for general-use. (CS IT services mostly supports Linux-based systems.)
For all of these systems, you will need the appropriate user account. This category will provide you info on obtaining and maintaining CS-related accounts, account quotas (for Ugrad accounts), resetting your password, and other tips related to login, etc.
CS Linux accounts on our systems provide:
- A Linux shell and disk space for course work and light research.
- A CS-based email address.
- Directory space to host a webpage.
- Although our Grad and Ugrad Linux clients are similar, their account systems are not, and require separate user accounts.
- Our CS-related accounts are not associated with JHU's JHED accounts. They are very different. Mind you, some CS Dept. webpages might require you to log in with your JHED account. (If you're having an issue with your JHED account, please contact the JHU I.T. Helpdesk at 410-516-HELP.)
This category has only the following subcategory.