- Beginning March 18, 2020, and until further notice, the CS IT Support Staff will not be available in-person to help with, for example, certain account-related issues. Instead, we will handle many of these issues remotely. We have modified various pages in this Accounts category to reflect changes in the the way we will work with you to resolve account-related issues. </span
- You will also see updated instructions for applying for a CS Linux account, including changes to the authorized signature requirements.
For all of these systems, you will need the appropriate user account. This category will provide you info on obtaining and maintaining CS-related accounts, account quotas (for Ugrad accounts), resetting your password, and other tips related to login, etc.
CS Linux accounts on our systems provide:
- A Linux shell and disk space for course work and light research.
- A CS-based email address.
- Directory space to host a webpage.
- CS Accounts Differ: Although our Grad and Ugrad Linux clients are similar, their account systems are not, and require separate user accounts.
- CS Accounts are not JHED Accounts: Our CS-related accounts are not associated with JHU's JHED accounts. They are very different. Mind you, some CS Dept. webpages might require you to log in with your JHED account. (If you're having an issue with your JHED account, please contact the JHU IT Helpdesk.)
- CS Account Removal: CS accounts and associated email addresses generally remain until you've left JHU. Once you've left JHU, your CS account/email address/etc. will be up for removal, per: CS Account Removal
Apply for a CS Linux account. (Includes info on obtaining & filling out the form.)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Accounts"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.